The DIAMANT-Film Restoration Software is a solution for automatic, semi-automatic and interactive film restoration, cleaning and repair. Since 2001 DIAMANT-FILM Restoration is being used successfully in film archives, post-houses, studios and laboratories around the world. With DIAMANT-Film Restoration you can handle almost any kind of film defects.
With the DIAMANT-Film Restoration Software you can handle almost any kind of film defect
- Single frame defects like dust, dirt, blotches, mold, bacteria, hairs, scratches, …
- Instabilities or shaking
- Warped or distorted images
- Local and global color and brightness instability like flicker and color breathing
- Color degradations
- Film grain, noise
- Misaligned channels
- Vertical line scratches
- Camera or gate hairs
- Destroyed images or parts of images like bad splices, tears, burned frames, warped images, dead pixels, punch holes, …
- Infrared mask marked defects
Now additional optional tools dedicated for video restoration are available
- DigiBeta drop-out
- Analogue vertical drop-outs
- Field issue repair
- Reverse telecine
- Most film centric algorithms have been adopted to work on video also
DIAMANT-Film Restoration Suite
The DIAMANT-Film Restoration suite consists of several software components to deal with various restoration projects. They allow to organize the restoration work, define restoration jobs, real-time viewing, batch rendering and generating of automatic restoration reports. The Annotator is fully integrated into DIAMANT-Film Restoration which allows to prepare, estimate and document all restoration steps in reports. The Filters (plug-ins) are dealing with the different restoration issues and are for automatic and semi-automatic restoration.
For interactive restoration all DustBuster+ features are included in the new RestorationManager+.
Automation tools included
The “Batch Renderer” allows to prepare, schedule and render several restoration projects automatically in the background. This allows for easy automation of common restoration tasks and automatically rendering them in background on a workstation or on the render farm.
Workflow integration and automation
We do have several options to add “automatic” film & video restoration into third party workflows.
Please contact us to learn about the possibilities.
- Resolution independent (SD, HD, 2K, 4K, 6K, 8K or any format in between)
- 8, 10, 12, or 16 bit color depth (lin/log)
- Multi GPU support
- Render farm support
- Inexpensive hardware
- Off the shelf workstations with Windows
- Standard disk storage or SAN support
Previous version updates
What’s new in our latest DIAMANT-Film Restoration V11
Please have a look on the WhatsNew_DIAMANT_V11 article.
What’s new in our latest DIAMANT-Film Restoration V10
Please have a look on the WhatsNew_DIAMANT_V10 article.
What’s new in our latest DIAMANT-Film Restoration V9
Please have a look on the V9 release information.
What’s new in our latest DIAMANT-Film Restoration V8
Please see the PDF release information for more information.
For optimal performance and reliability, be sure that your computer meets the following minimum system requirements.
Recommended configuration (up to 6K)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Workstation: HP Z-8/HP Z-840/SuperMicro/Dell 2xIntel XEON >3 GHz 12-16 physical cores with AVX support
It is more efficient to focus on processor speed than number of cores
- Memory: 64GB RAM or more
- Graphics Card: 8GB RAM, OpenGL 3.0, CUDA (3.0 compute compability) : Nvidia Quadro P5000/P4000 or GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GTX 1080 Ti/TITAN with 8 GB RAM or better.
- Internal SSD Hard Drive 512GB + Internal RAID or SAN with ~600-1600 MB/s read/write depending on resolution
Minimum requirements (up to 2K)
- Windows 10/8/7 64bit
- Intel i5/i7/i9/XEON or comparable (AMD) with AVX support (CPUs from 2011 or newer)
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: 2GB RAM, OpenGL 3.0, CUDA (3.0 compute compability): Nvidia Quadro K4200 or GeForce GTX750 with 2 GB RAM or better
- Internal Hard Drive: Minimum 120 GB 7200 rpm
Recommeded configuration for MAC for DustBuster+
- iMac Pro (2017)
- 3 GHz Intel Xeon W processor
- 10 cores
- 64 GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
- Radeon Pro Vega 64 with 16gb of VRAM
- 2TB internal SSD
Video output option
- AJA KONA
- BlackMagic DeckLink
DIAMANT-Film Video Tutorials
- Import Media
- RestorationManager+ Intro
- Automatic Dust Removal
- Clone Tool
- Tracking & Stabilization
- IR Cleaner (Infrared Channel Matte Cleaning)
- Fix Titles with DWarp & Tracking
- DWarp scene using tracking
- Static Hair Removal with ExInpaint
- Export Media
- Using automatic Diamant-Film Restoration tools by Andreas Hartung
- STAIN Removal
- Comming soon ….