V-Ray’s modern and efficient material library workflow, faster look-development with material presets, and flexible post-processing features can save users time, take them beyond just rendering and help them focus on artistic exploration — from a single creation tool.
V-Ray’s powerful CPU and GPU rendering is built to handle the toughest projects and demands of high-end production.
– CPU rendering, GPU rendering, Resumable rendering, Denoising Debug shading
LIGHTING & ILLUMINATION
V-Ray helps users create the highest quality renders possible. It analyzes а design according to its actual lighting and the true reflections and refractions of its materials. You can choose from a variety of lights.
– Adaptive lights, Lighting Analysis tools, accurate lights, Global Illumination
V-Ray supports any commonly used camera type options. V-Ray also has additional advanced controls for camera effects.
– Lens effects, Point & Shoot camera, Photorealistic cameras, VR
V-Ray supports a versatile selection of materials to achieve different looks — from simulating simple surface properties like plastics and metals to complex uses such as translucent objects, subsurface materials like skin and light-emitting objects.
– Physically based materials, physical V-Ray Hair material, Metalness, V-Ray Toon Shader, VRscans
A wide variety of memory-efficient textures are also available to use with V-Ray materials. V-Ray has all the texturing capabilities required for production rendering.
– Memory-efficient textures, Triplanar mapping, Rounded corners
There are different ways V-Ray can create and modify geometry objects in a scene, including primitives and procedural geometry, modifiers, proxy objects, particle instancing, volume grids, etc.
– Proxy geometry, Clipper with render-time booleans, Hair and fur, specialty geometry
ATMOSPHERIC & VOLUMETRIC EFFECTS
The atmospheric and environment effects in V-Ray simulate fog, atmospheric haze and participating media for a number of image effects.
– Volume rendering, Aerial Perspective
With V-Ray, users can choose from nearly 40 unique beauty, utility and matte passes to give them more control over their rendered images in compositing.
– Render Elements, Cryptomatte
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max is the most complete 3D rendering software for artists and designers.
POST-PROCESSING WITH V-RAY
With V-Ray 5 you can now use one tool for more than just rendering. There’s no need to go back and forth between different apps.
– Light mixing, Layered compositing, Light Path Expressions
OPTIMIZED LIGHTING AND SHADING WORKFLOW
Artists can focus on designs and worry less about creating materials and textures. Access to the material library means users can initiate their custom materials in no time. A new Sun & Sky analytical model dramatically improves lighting at sunrise and sunset.
– Material Library and Browser, Material presets, Material previews, Coat and Sheen layer, Texture randomization, Stochastic texture tiling, Extended V-Ray Dirt
– New Sun and Sky model
– Native ACEScg support